Want to recycle your camera? Read our guide to recycling your camera for cash…
Have you recently upgraded to a new digital camera? Did you know you can recycle your old camera and get cash for doing so?
- Don’t just throw your old camera into the bin. This causes harm to the environment around you, and also wastes the opportunity for making yourself some cash.
- Beware – not all companies take all makes and models of camera. Check the company you chosen carefully to ensure they will take your camera AND pay you for it.
- Check the condition, known as the ‘grade’, of your camera before checking for the best price – i.e. Working or Non-Working.
How do I make sure I get the best price for recycling my Camera?
To compare Camera recycling prices from the UK’s major recycling companies simply use our free and impartial Camera recycling price comparison tool below:
- Select the brand of your Camera – e.g. Canon, Olympus
- Choose the model of your Camera – e.g. Canon Powershot A1100
- Click on ‘Compare Recycling Prices’ and a price comparison table will appear, showing you the best Camera recycling prices on offer. Easy!
(Tip: if you don’t know the exact model of your Camera try selecting a couple of different models and you’ll see a photo of the Camera to compare against)
Which companies recycle cameras?
Here’s a list of the companies who currently recycle cameras. If you here of any more please let us know by leaving a comment below.
|Royal Mail Simply DropRoyal Mail Simply Drop will recycle cameras for cash or for charity form the following brands – Canon, Casio, Fujifilm, Kodak, Minolta, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, Polaroid, Praktica, Sony, Samsung and more.||www.simplydrop.co.uk|
|Boots RecycleBoots Recycle will recycle cameras in return for advantage card points rather than cash. The manufacturers they recycle are Sony, Canon, Fuji, Panasonic, Nikon, Samsung, Casio, GE, Kodak, Olympus, Pentax.||www.BootsRecycle.co.uk|
|Mobile Phone ExchangeMobile Phone Exchange now offer camera recycling on Nikon and Canon with more coming soon.||www.mobilephonexchange.co.uk|
|GreentecGreentec will recycle cameras from Canon, FujiSony, Nikon, Casio, Kodak, Olympus, Pentax, Samsung, Panasonic.||www.greentec.org.uk|
How do I get the best price for recycling my camera?
Our Price Comparison Tool at the top of the page will help you compare camera recycling prices from most companies in the UK. You can also check out the the recycling companies above directly by clicking through to their website to see how much they will offer you.
Have you recently recycled your camera or do you know of more companies who recycle cameras? If so please leave a comment below and let us know about your experiences.Recycle Camera,